- Global Initiative for Distributed and Local Energy (DALE) launched!
- Grid integration of renewable energy — Eric’s best work!
- Martinot Publications on Grid Integration 2015-2016
- New Zealand Lecture and Radio Interview
- Power Grid Integration and Balancing of Renewables–Cases of Germany, California, Denmark
- Renewables Integration and Balancing: The Work Ahead
- China Renewables Update
- Renewable Futures–Opportunities for Law and Business
- No Rooftop Left Behind
- Reflections on Renewable Energy Past, Present, Future
- Japan Renewables Updates/Info/News
- Japan Zero-Nuclear Energy Plan by JREF
- Martinot Completes Pacific Crest Trail
- Renewables for New Zealand’s Future–Options for Cities
- List of GFR Speaking Events Held in 2013
- TEDx Tokyo video (English / 日本語)
- TEDx Tokyo links for further info (日本語 / English)
- YouTube keynote — Pathways to 100% Renewable Energy Conference
- YouTube lecture: University of Colorado Boulder [updated]
- BYD Electric Buses in Lancaster, CA
- Seminar at MIT
- Seminar at GEF/World Bank
- Japan media coverage of Global Futures Report (日本語)
- Video, Webinar, and Podcast for Global Futures Report
- Testimonials for the Global Futures Report
- Global Futures Report launched in Japan
- Eric Martinot: Ten Questions on Renewables Futures
- REN21 Renewables Global Futures Report released!
Monthly Archives: May 2013
Renewable Energy Is Our Future: Eric Martinot at TEDxTokyo (English)
自然エネルギーは私たちの未来 : エリック・マーティノー at TEDxTokyo (日本語）
|Eric Martinot spoke at TEDx Tokyo on May 11. Based on his work for the Renewables Global Futures Report, he talked about the myths that persist about renewable energy. None of these myths are true today, given current trends and future projections and policy targets. He also pointed to Japan's potential leadership role in the future. He listed some actions we can take and pointed to resources for learning more. He criticized the lack of reform/restructuring in Japan's electric power sector, which is the main barrier to the growth of renewables in Japan. And he called for a transformation in Japan's electric power industry and policy that allows the Japanese people to choose renewable energy. "We owe it to our children to do better," he said.|
The following information links supplement the TEDx Tokyo talk that Eric Martinot gave on May 11. Several are just in Japanese and were mentioned in the talk.
(REN21 Renewables Global Futures Report, in Japanese)
自然エネルギー革命をはじめよう… Read the rest
Watch video (33 min.): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQiBDTS_a5Y
Eric Martinot gave the keynote speech at the Pathways to 100% Renewable Energy Conference, April 16 in San Francisco. Sponsored by the Renewables 100 Policy Institute, this conference was a major international event attended by over 200 people and featured an outstanding array of speakers and topics packed into one day. (Some colleagues who attended called this one of the best events of the year for renewables.)… Read the rest
Watch video (1 hr. 15 min.): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=todYoBemV74
On March 18, Eric Martinot presented the Renewables Global Futures Report to the Renewable and Sustainable Energy Institute (RASEI) at the University of Colorado Boulder. This was a 45-minute presentation followed by 30 minutes of audience questions. The video presents a brief summary of the current situation with renewable energy, followed by perspectives on the future from the Global Futures Report.… Read the rest
BYD Launches Electric Bus Plant With Call for Utility Rate Redesign (article by Greentech Media, May 2)
BYD head wants utility bill demand charges waived during nighttime battery recharge.
Commentary: Electric transport will allow much greater share of renewable energy in the transport sector in the long term, and we're seeing many new types of vehicles emerge, and the use of electric taxis and public transit vehicles in a growing number of countries, particularly China and India.… Read the rest
The MIT Energy Initiative and the Joint Program on the Science and Policy of Global Change hosted a seminar on the Renewables Global Futures Report on April 18.
The case for optimism about a renewable energy future: Researcher Eric Martinot presents findings of two-year project at campus event:
http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/2013/the-renewable-energy-future.html… Read the rest